N Concourse at SEA
Seattle, Washington, USA
The North Satellite Modernization Project elevates the travel experience with more room, views and Pacific Northwest feels.
The newly renovated N Concourse features modern amenities, seismic upgrades, sustainable features and improved building function. It also features eight new and 12 remodeled passenger gates along with a spectacular Alaska Airlines Lounge.
The concourse’s architecture is emblamatic of the Pacific Northwest—its majestic sights and sounds. In fact, every element of the design works in concert to orient travelers as it greets visitors and welcomes home residents. Additionally, this bigger, brighter and bolder space improves the traveler experience with:
- triple the amount of dining and retail offerings, many of which are local;
- 10 new installations of museum-quality art that reflects the culture, spirit and history of the region;
- a plug-in at every single gate seat; and
- a brand-new performance stage to support the airport’s decade-old program of showcasing Seattle’s diverse music scene with live performances.
USGBC LEED Silver-Certified
Sustainable design strategies include:
- Rainwater is captured from the roof and used to flush toilets. This saves 2.8 million gallons of potable water annually.
- Diverting 76-percent—or 20,000 tons—of construction waste from landfills.
- Utilizing nearly $21M in recycled materials.
- Energy-efficient LED lighting, heating, and cooling methods save approximately 1.7 million kWh annually. This is equal to the annual energy usage of 170 homes.