Cleveland Museum of Natural History
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Cleveland Museum of Natural History is designed to engage, educate, and enrich people of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds.
Fentress Architects programmed, master planned and designed an expansion and renovation, which focuses on supporting the institution’s goals:
- providing a chronologically sequenced narrative thread for exhibits that addresses “change through time,”
- improving and expanding the entry experience, and
- incorporating collections and research into exhibitions.
The expansion includes:
- an expanded entry lobby and cafeteria,
- new exhibit galleries,
- new education spaces, and
- a 95,000-square-foot parking garage.
Sustainable by Design
The museum is designed to achieve LEED Gold and in doing so, become a showcase for sustainability, a steward of the earth’s resources. Sustainable design will be an integral component of the visitor experience.