EXPO Center at World Market Center
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
The Expo at World Market Center Las Vegas is a flexible, sustainable, and striking facility for trade show, conference, and special events.
World Market Center (WMC) in Las Vegas, Nevada is the largest venue in the world dedicated to cross-category furniture and home décor for the hospitality and residential design community. The recent addition to the Expo at World Market Center includes:
- a 273,000-square-foot exhibit hall,
- 24,000 square feet of prefunction space,
- over 50,000 square feet of dedicated meeting rooms,
- 20 truck docks, and
- more than 15,000 square feet of kitchen and support space.
Design inspiration for the Expo came from the unique geometry and colors present throughout the greater WMC campus. The dynamic ceiling element of the lobby is comprised of various polygonal shapes, which are accented with linear LED light fixtures. The semi-polished concrete flooring reflects the light fixtures, thereby creating a secondary dynamic pattern. Control joints in the concrete were meticulously executed to further reinforce the ceiling design and also guide visitors.
- 24th Annual Spotlight Honor Award (Special Use Over 100,000 SF), NAIOP Southern Nevada, 2021
- Excellence in Sustainability (Best Specialty Construction), Engineering News-Record, 2021
Visitors are greeted with furniture selections and area rugs that further complement the greater WMC campus. Rugs add punches of color. The furniture softens and adds warmth to what may otherwise be a relatively cold, industrial space. It also helps control scale in the Expo’s voluminous interiors. In fact, the location of these furniture and rug arrangements near windows deliberating serves to create human-scaled respites.
Explore more projects like this one.Read More