Pasadena Convention Center
Pasadena, California, USA
Fentress Architects' design complements Pasadena's beloved, historic Civic Auditorium.
Honoring the classical elements of Pasadena’s celebrated Civic Auditorium, Fentress’ design complements the project’s centerpiece with subtle façades and a grand Piazza for major events. While promenades and arcades welcome pedestrian activity where the complex meets the city, the Center’s interior design emphasizes efficient circulation, flexibility and user convenience.
- doubled the exhibit area,
- incorporates the historic ballroom,
- adds a new ballroom,
- adds a new full-service kitchen, and
- doubles the loading dock capacity.
- Gold Medal Designation, Building of America + Construction Communications, 2010
- Merit Award (Best Public/Private Use Building), Gold Nugget Awards Pacific Coast Builders Conference, 2010
- Best of 2009 (Government/Public Category Winner), California Construction Magazine, 2009
USGBC LEED Gold-Certified
Sustainable design solutions include:
- Optimized energy efficiency, 22.5-percent more efficient than the ASHRAE standards
- White roof reduces heat islands
- Water efficient landscaping reduces irrigation needs by 50-percent
- Low-energy LED lighting
- Abundant natural daylighting in lobbies, prefunction and offices
- Innovative natural storm water filtration and mitigation system
- 95-percent of construction waste was diverted from landfill
Explore more projects like this one.Read More